ZengHua Zhang's homepage
PhD in Astrophysics
Hornor and Award
- Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society (FRAS, since 2011)
- Member of the European Astronomical Society (since 2019)
- 2009 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad (CCTV News: TV, YouTube)
- Characterization of L subdwarfs: discovery, classification, atmospheric and population properties (Primeval - I; Primeval - IV; Zhang+18c; Primeval - V).
- Search for the most metal-poor very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs in our Galaxy (Primeval - II, Press release; Primeval - III; Primeval - VI).
- Revealing the physical properties of brown dwarfs with benchmarks in binary systems (Primeval - VII; Zhang+13; Zhang+10, Press release; Pavlenko+15).
- Discovery and characterization of ultracool dwarfs in large area surveys (Zhang+09; Burningham+10; Day-Jones+13).
- Primeval very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs - I. Six new L subdwarfs, classification and atmospheric properties (free access)
- Primeval very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs - II. The most metal-poor substellar object (free access)
- Primeval very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs - III. The halo transitional brown dwarfs (free access)
- Primeval very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs - IV. New L subdwarfs, Gaia astrometry, population properties, and a blue brown dwarf binary (arXiv)
- Primeval very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs - V. A halo L3 subdwarf with prograde eccentric orbit in the Galactic plane (free access)
- Primeval very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs - VI. Population properties of metal-poor degenerate brown dwarfs (free access)
- Primeval very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs - VII. The discovery of the first wide M+L extreme subdwarf binary (arXiv)
- The Substellar Transition Zone: A Stretched Temperature Canyon in Brown Dwarf Population due to Unsteady Hydrogen Fusion (arXiv)
- More to come ... (please check the ADS library for the latest list)
- I joined the School of Astronomy and Space Science at the Nanjing University as a faculty member in September 2019. I was a PSL fellow at the GEPI department of the Observatoire de Paris in Meudon from 2017 to 2019. I was an IAC fellow at the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias in Tenerife of Spain from 2013 to 2016. I did my PhD in astrophysics and worked as a researcher at the Centre for Astrophysics Research of the University of Hertfordshire in the UK between 2008 and 2013. I did my MSc in astrophysics at the Yunnan Observatories of the Chinese Academy of Sciences from 2005 to 2008. I obtained a BSc in physics at the Yantai University in 2000-2004. I was born and raised in Tai'an of Shandong province, China.
- I am organizing a 2-days symposium (S12) on the next European Week of Astronomy and Spece Science (EWASS 2019) which will be held in Lyon, France on 24-28 June 2019. Welcome to join us in Lyon to discuss the science and future researches of brown dwarfs.