ZengHua Zhang's homepage
PhD in Astrophysics
- Address: BAT 12B, GEPI, Observatoire de Paris - Meudon, 5 Place Jules Janssen, 92190 Meudon, France (Map)
Hornor and Award
- Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society (FRAS, since 2011)
- 2009 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad (CCTV News: TV, YouTube)
- Characterization of L subdwarfs: discovery, classification, atmospheric and population properties (Primeval - I; Primeval - IV; Zhang+18c).
- Search for the most metal-poor very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs in our Galaxy (Primeval - II, Press release; Primeval - III).
- Revealing the physical properties of brown dwarfs with benchmarks in binary systems (Zhang+13; Zhang+10, Press release; Pavlenko+15).
- Discovery and characterization of ultracool dwarfs in large area surveys (Zhang+09; Burningham+10; Day-Jones+13).
- I am currently a PSL Fellow at the GEPI department of the Observatoire de Paris in Meudon. I worked as an IAC Fellow at the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias in Tenerife of Spain from 2013 to 2016. I did my PhD in astrophysics and worked as a researcher at the Centre for Astrophysics Research of the University of Hertfordshire in the UK between 2008 and 2013. I did my MSc in astrophysics at the Yunnan Astronomical Observatory of the Chinese Academy of Sciences from 2005 to 2008. I obtained a BSc in applied physics at the Yantai University in 2000-2004. I was born and raised in Tai'an of Shandong province, China.